Saturday, October 3, 2009

Master Chief Sucks at Ordering: Two Years

Two years ago today I uploaded a video called "Master Chief Sucks at Ordering McDonalds" to Youtube and had absolutely no idea what I was getting into.

That video was supposed to be a one-off attempt at copying DigitalPh33r's Master Chief Sucks at Halo series (now known as Arby 'n' the Chief) and Ninjaadventures' "Master Chief Sucks at Plumbing." What I didn't anticipate was making three seasons worth of videos and trying my hand at actual serial storytelling for a wide audience. I find it ironic that part 5 of Arby 'n' the Chief's series finale is airing today.

As you are hopefully aware by now, season 3 is the final season of Master Chief Sucks at Ordering. The three-part series finale will air in May 2010. In hopes of having a better, more structured and paced story, I've been working backwards. Part 3 of the finale is already complete, and parts 1 and 2 are outlined. Since I have a goal to work towards, the eight episodes between now and then will be of a higher story quality. And since I won't have to suddenly shoehorn in plotlines when they aren't needed, there will be more time for jokes and comedy. Hopefully this plan will be easier for me to make the series and more fun for you to watch.

Unlike last year, when I released a one-year anniversary movie, there is no video for you this year. Instead, I have an offer for you.

Every person who subscribes to my Youtube account, UltraHyperShadow, before May 1, 2010 will get their name in a special section of the credits of the final episode of the show. As I write this, there are currently 83 subscribers. If you're even reading this, you're probably subscribed anyway. I've always thought it was interesting how some movies have a "fanclub" section of their credits listing all the fans of the series, as the fans are really the most important part of the entire process. So I felt it'd only be appropriate to do it here, too. Again, you must be subscribed on May 1, 2010, which is the date I'm taking all the names. If you unsubscribe before then, you won't get in.

This is just my small way of trying to thank the many people who have driven me to continue making this odd little series for two years. But don't get too melancholy about the ending just yet: there are still eight episodes between now and the finale in May. On that note, I thought I'd post a tentative schedule for the rest of the season:

Episode 3 (Master Chief Sucks at Shopping): October 14, 2009
Episode 4: November 2009
Episode 5: January 2010
Episode 6: February 2010
Episode 7: February 2010
Episode 8: March 2010
Episode 9: March 2010
Episode 10: April 2010
Episode 11/12/13: May 2010

No comments: